Arkansas Surgical Hospital
Arkansas Surgical Hospital is seeking a Medical Billing Representive with experience in a hospital setting.
Summary of Position:
Patients receive treatment; this treatment becomes billed as a service through the Business Office. The Medical Billing Representative (MBR) handles due and past due accounts through claims processing function.
- Handle due and past due accounts and works with outsourcing companies
- Talk with patients about outstanding accounts
- Post payments to the open A/R and review EOB’s for correct reimbursements
- Prorate account to correct F/C and document any patient responsibility
- Work incoming mail
- Send files to outsourced companies
- Working emails from outsourced companies
- Documenting approval letters
- Scan documents into different systems
- Handle bankruptcy letters
- Process refunds to patients or insurance companies
- Review Bad Debt to be reported to outside vendors
- Working the contract management and reporting processes
The MBR ensures that payments are posted to the patient account and that all information is accurate. They review the EOB to make sure that the correct reimbursement is coming from the payer as contracted. Reviews accounts for possible assignment and prepares information for the collection agency. Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints. Manages the Contract Management System and works discrepancies in reimbursements. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations. The Billing Representative communicates with Insurance Follow up, Billing Specialist and Manager on any irregular processing or payment issues.
1 to 2 years of relevant experience and/or training.
Knowledge of computer programs, business office procedures, phone etiquette and good communication skills required.
High School diploma or G.E.D.
Competitive Health, Dental, Vision, and Optional Life Insurance
Company-paid Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
401(k) retirement plan with a generous 6% match
Quarterly profit-sharing bonuses
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Click the link below to apply.