Distinguished Member Award Criteria
PURPOSE: The ArHIMA Distinguished Member Award has been established to recognize those members who have distinguished themselves professionally.
The award is designed to further encourage continued professional excellence through more immediate acknowledgement of significant achievement on the part of the ArHIMA member by the Arkansas Health Information Management Association. The following criteria, therefore, have been developed to assist ArHIMA members in considering potential nominees. Nominations are due by February 1 in order to be considered at the February Board meeting. Announcements of Distinguished Members are kept confidential until announced at the annual convention by the President.
1. Nominees should be an active member of the Arkansas Health Information Management Association in either the Active or Associate category.
2. Nominee may be cited for activities that did one (or all) of the following:
a. Brought recognition to the health information management profession;
b. Contributed to the health information management profession’s body of knowledge;
c. Exemplified exceptional or outstanding service to the Arkansas Health Information Management Association.
3. Any member in good standing of ArHIMA may nominate eligible individuals for the award by submitting the name(s) and justification(s) to the current ArHIMA President by the specified deadline.
4. Selection of the recipient will be made by a vote of the ArHIMA Executive Board from among those nominated in a closed executive session.
5. Award: The name(s) of award recipient(s) will be made public at the annual convention, and a plaque presented.
Deadline Date: February 1st
Living Legacy Award Criteria
PURPOSE: The Living Legacy Award was established to honor those who have shown outstanding contributions to and whose steadfast efforts have bettered both the HIM field and ArHIMA. The requirements for considerations of this award are as follows:
• Member of AHIMA for a minimum of 20 years
• Outstanding service as an officer or committee chair of the ArHIMA
• A general advocate for the health information management field
• Service as a mentor who guides students to new opportunities and fosters their enthusiasm for the profession
• Foster enthusiasm for the profession
• Provide ongoing, long-term career guidance to one or more HIM professionals
• Record of motivating talented people to enter the HIM profession
Upon executive board approval, the recipient of the Living Legacy Award will be recognized at the annual business meeting. The recipient will be awarded an engraved clock and a bouquet of flowers or suitable gift of recognition to be presented at the annual business meeting.
Deadline Date: February 1st