Living Legacy Award
The Living Legacy Award was established to honor those who have shown outstanding contributions to and whose steadfast efforts have bettered both the HIM field and ArHIMA. Selection of the recipient will be made by a vote of the ArHIMA Executive Board from among those nominated in a closed executive session. Recipient of the Living Legacy Award is kept confidential until announced at the annual convention by the President and will be presented a gift of recognition.
Criteria for the Living Legacy Award
- Member of AHIMA for a minimum of 20 years
- Outstanding service as a board member or committee chair
- Foster enthusiasm for the profession
- A general advocate for the health information management field
- Service as a mentor who guides students to new opportunities and fosters their enthusiasm for the profession
- Provide ongoing, long-term career guidance to one or more HIM professionals
- Record of motivating talented people to enter the HIM profession
Deadline for nominations is February 1st.