Mentee in the ArHIMA Mentor Program
Qualifications (meets one of the following)
- Currently enrolled in HIT or HIM program.
- Interested in pursuing a career in the HIM profession.
- Currently working in the HIM profession and interested in obtaining an AHIMA credential.
- Currently working in the HIM profession and interested in expanding, broadening knowledge and expertise.
- Make initial contact with mentor.
- Discuss setting up a one-time face-to-face meeting, unless prohibited by time and distance.
- Establish mutually agreed upon method and frequency of communication.
- Discuss the goals, objectives, and expectations with mentor.
- Promptly inform mentor if email, telephone number or contact information changes.
- Respond to communication from mentor within 5 days unless different response time has been established.
- Inform mentor if you will be unavailable, ex. on vacation, out of the country, etc. and unable to respond within 5 days.
- Communicate with mentor at least monthly.
- Maintain positive, courtesy, and professional demeanor in all interactions.
- For face-to-face (includes virtual), meetings present yourself in a professional business casual manner.