UC San Diego Health
Come be a part of our dynamic team at UC San Diego Physician Group!
#97338 Provider Educator – 4 openings, open till filled
Involves revenue cycle functions for the healthcare enterprise, including system billing, reporting and support. The incumbent will lead new and ongoing provider education and training related to inpatient Critical Care charge capture, coding and documentation quality. Collaborates with Revenue Cycle Coding, Compliance and CDI leadership. Ensures accurate and complete documentation through both concurrent and retrospective review.
Develop and implement training curriculum for opportunities identified, lead provider training, and develop action plans for improvement. Responsible for continuous monitor of metrics and reporting to leaders. Functions independently with full understanding of all components of the revenue cycle. Completes complex projects of diverse scope and/or portions of large projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare administration or related area, and/or equivalent experience/training
- Three or more years (3+) of relevant experience in Professional Fee documentation requirements, CPT and ICD-10 coding, auditing and Provider Education in an academic setting
- Experience and proven success in practices, procedures, and concepts of the healthcare revenue cycle and its component operations, including billing, collections, charge capture, contractual adjustments, third-party reimbursements, and cash management
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to interact with Physicians and Advance Practice Practitioners
- Ability to respond with flexibility and efficiency to frequent changes in task focus, competing priorities and multiple deadlines
- Current Professional Coding Certification, CPC by AAPC or CCS-P by AHIMA
- Experience and knowledge of critical care billing documentation guidelines and policy and proficient EPIC working knowledge
Apply Online: https://jobs.ucsd.edu