Research Project Analyst
Arkansas Department of Health – Cancer Registry
The Research Project Analyst is responsible for researching and providing statistical reports for ongoing and special projects. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency policy.
- Researches, verifies, and collects information and data, analyzes and recommends revisions to systems to facilitate information storage, retrieval and usage to analyze and compile statistical reports.
- Designs and distributes survey questionnaires and reports used in data collection phase of project. Defines data requirements, performs validation and testing of models to ensure accuracy.
- Codes collected data in data base or directs coding activities, coordinates management survey projects, and compiles information for status and statistical reports.
- Compiles and analyzes data, to determine trends, and as a quality control measure, and formulates mathematical or simulation models, restrictions, alternatives, and conflicting objectives.
- Writes various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, explaining findings of research for assigned projects, and prepares and presents summaries and analyses of survey data, including graphs, tables, and fact sheets that describe techniques and results.
- Utilizes desk top publishing software to prepare various statistical and narrative reports for print and/or distribution or directs others in utilizing software.
- Accesses information held in data bases to respond to special requests for statistical and analytical reports from agency/institution personnel and outside sources.
- Answers questions from data collection sources concerning proper reporting procedures and consults with clients to identify survey needs and any specific requirements, such as special samples.
- Oversees the work of an administrative support staff by: interviewing, recommending for hire, training, and reviewing work. Provides training to data submitters to properly categorize information requested on reporting devices. Performs other duties as assigned.
- The formal education equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, business administration, public administration, or a related field; plus one year of experience in research, statistics, planning, or a related area.
- Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
- OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES); College level Anatomy I & II (A&P I & II); Clinical medical coding (ICD-9 or ICD-10).
- Some in- and out-of-state travel may be required.
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, business administration, public administration, or a related field; plus one year of experience in research, statistics, planning, or a related area.
- Position No: 22107006
- Class Code: B076C
- Grade: GS06
- Salary: $36,155.00 – $52,425.00 per year
- Performance-Based Salary Increases
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Annual and Sick Leave
- Educational Scholarships
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Supplemental Insurance
Apply Online: https://www.ark.org/arstatejobs/index.php